What a fun month we've had! After the month of sickness (i.e. June), we were finally able to get outside more and truly enjoy the Portland summer these past four weeks. Every day brings a new adventure for us and Hannah is taking it all in stride. As the months start to pile up, Hannah's personality is really shining through and we are continually grateful for her joyous spirit and interactive nature.
At 10 months, Hannah...
- Has learned how to clap! She's quite proud of herself when she does it, too. But she will get upset if she looks at you while clapping and you aren't clapping.
- Got her second tooth! It's right next to her front one. This is exciting since she's now still only up to two teeth. Ha!
- Visited her great aunts, uncles and cousins in Washington. We were so grateful to Rian's family for coming in from all over Washington to spend the day with us at Aunt Dawn's home in Chehalis.
- Celebrated her first 4th of July with friends here in Tigard. We walked down to the high school football field for the fireworks but ended up leaving about an hour before they started. I mean...it was realllly past bedtime ;) But we learned that A) Hannah sleeps through fireworks pretty well and B) We can see the fireworks from our front yard! Perhaps next year we'll do a block party :)
- Took her first dip in the pool! My mom got her this adorable inflatable pool that we used on the 4th. It was nice and hot outside, so she really enjoyed the swim.
- Went on numerous visits to the zoo! First we went with dear friends Rebecca & Kaylee, next with our buddy Logan and his awesome Nanny Emily, and then Rian and Bryann took Hannah and Callie while the mommies were away at Girls Weekend :) We are so thankful to Rian's parents for our family zoo membership. We've already gotten such great use out of it.
- Rode in her first limo while touring the Stoller Vineyard. We've only been members since May, but we've already been SO many times. We are so happy with our wine club membership to Stoller and look forward to many more baby-friendly events. (Which is awesome because they are ALL baby friendly.)
- Celebrated Clara's first birthday! Can't believe the first B-52 is already a TODDLER. Crazy how quick it's all going by.
- And lastly, this month Hannah spent her first-ever night away from me. Actually, two nights! Months ago Kristi organized a girls' weekend getaway at the beach house. Initially I figured it wouldn't be possible for me to go. I was (and still am) breastfeeding, so I didn't think I'd be able to leave her for an entire weekend. But as our freezer stash started to pile up and with lots of prompting from Rian, I finally agreed to go. And I am SO thankful that I did! It was an awesome weekend with my friends and a great break from my daily grind. Rian did amazingly well alone and I'm now more confident about leaving her in the future. Of course I missed her and pumping wasn't particularly fun, but the break was much-needed and so very good for the soul.
Phew! See what I mean? July was a busy and fun month!
Some more pictures of Hannah at 10 months: